"You can satisfy your feelings, your dramas, your traumas, your missions, your dreams, in many other ways.
That's not a Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
A teacher is one who purifies a person to help the person gain the experience of his or her own purity, identity, infinity, reality, totality, strength, and piety."
'Serving Humanity through Serving Teachers'
KYTA is the professional body for Kundalini Yoga teachers in the UK. We provide services to individual teachers and teacher training schools, and provide information about Kundalini Yoga to members of the public.
We have close links with KRI, 3HO and the training schools but remain independent of any other organisation. We maintain a neutral space in which teachers can receive peer support, build networks, maintain and develop their professional skills, and serve the Kundalini Yoga community.
Membership is open to all KRI certified teachers and teachers in training. Our members benefit from comprehensive professional services including:
- Recognition of belonging to a professional body providing continuing professional development through our CEU program.
- Access to a comprehensive professional insurance scheme at the lowest cost available.
- Optional supplementary insurance for any other disciplines or therapies our members practice.
- Insurance cover for teaching outside the UK for up to 30 days a year at no extra cost.
- Promotion of Kundalini Yoga Events by the weekly KYTA email newsletter.
- Listing of classes on the KYTA website under "Class Finder".
- Listing of events, workshops, retreats and holidays on the website under "Workshops & Events".
- For an additional fee of £10 promotion of other professional services on the "Member's Services" webpages.
- Access the "Member's Area" on the KYTA website.
- Referrals to yoga classes from emails, letters and calls that KYTA receives from the public.
- KYTA leaflets designed to promote classes.
- All members are invited to participate at the AGM. Full members may vote and stand for nomination to the KYTA committee.
- Members receive invitations to KYTA socials.
- KYTA members are automatically associate members of IKYTA, for full details of IKYTA membership benefits see www.kundaliniyoga.com. Members are kept in touch with international news and announcements forwarded from IKYTA, KRI and 3H0.
- NEW: KYTA is creating Certifications for Specialist Trainings.
To become a KYTA member please click here.
For details of teacher training in the UK please click here.
The committee meets every month to discuss issues and act on behalf of members. The committee work throughout the year supporting teachers, developing new initiatives and responding to opportunities in members interests.
Elections are held annually at the Annual General Meeting and voting is open to all Level I qualified teachers.
Committee Members 2011:
Angad Singh - Chair
Suhab Kaur - Secretary
Satwant Kaur - Seva & Sangat
Updesh Kaur - Seva & Sangat
Ram Inder Kaur - CEU Officer
Further Staff Members:
Katy Wade (Sat Tapa Kaur) - Administrator
Sat Siri Singh - Website & Newsletter
PO Box 188
95 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1BZ
07952 697 550